Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Tears In Your Bottle

דִּמְעָה

TEARS...TEARS.  In times of suffering, the psalmist David asked God to keep a remembrance of all his sufferings in a bottle...

"You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?"  (Psalm 56:8)

Tear‐bottles were small urns of glass or pottery, made to contain the tears of mourners at funerals, and placed in the sepulchres at Rome and in Palestine. In some ancient tombs they are found in great numbers. Ps. 56:8 refers to this custom. (taken from Smith's Bible Dictionary)

In John 11:35 we have one short verse "Jesus wept".  We have a Savior who knows our pains and our trials.  Put your faith in Him today to take care of all your hurts.  See more of God's character here through my inductive bible study of the psalms.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Jesus, for hearing my prayer for Your blessings that You pour down from heaven onto my family & I. Father, how can we ever thank You enought for all that You do. Thank you for catching each & every tear that falls! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, very encouraging!(this is debby)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of "tear bottles" before. Thanks for this Lisa. My "tear bottle" overrunneth this week! KF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Blog!! Sorry I am missing tomorrow, but I will be back next week. Say Hi to all the others.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete